Senior IT Auditor
- Perth, Australia
Are you ready to partner with Amazon's cutting-edge business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk? Interested in diving deep into the technologies supporting Alexa, Devices, and Digital Content (Amazon Video, Amazon Studios, and Amazon Music Unlimited) and to help define roadmaps for product launches and other business initiatives? Are you looking for a position that will leverage and grow your technology skills, expand your knowledge of technology and digital businesses, and provide opportunities to problem solve with some of the best minds in the industry?
As Senior IT Auditor, you will lead the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks. Audit topics could include: data privacy and security, digital rights management, digital content royalty costing, supply chain, prototype device tracking, and platform security, among others.
In this position you will dig deep into the details of your team's audits. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. You should be comfortable interacting with highly technical software development engineers and business leaders. You need a broad technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. You must be comfortable performing as a sole contributor, teammate, and manager concurrently.
You should be able to translate technical risks into business issues. You must prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy. You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms. You must be a strong project manager who can manage a team and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
Up to 10% travel may be required, including international travel.
• BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, math, finance, accounting, business or related field
• 2+ years of experience with IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information Security, IT program or project management, and/or software development
• Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
• A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's systems. Understanding of modern transaction processing environments is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
• Strong analytical skills. Proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
• Big 4 consulting experience.
• Relevant certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM) preferred
• Experience writing data queries, implementing technical solutions, or other IT related jobs is a plus
• Experience with process improvement, Kaizen, and six sigma
• Willingness to dive deep into your own audits combined with experience managing a team.
• Broad technical background.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top