Senior Investment Analyst
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon seeks a Senior Investment Analyst to join the Treasury Trading & Investments Team, which oversees global foreign exchange operations, fixed income portfolio management, and capital markets transactions.
The primary responsibilities of this role include fixed income trade execution, portfolio strategy, oversight of external managers, compliance, reporting, analysis, and constant improvement of group processes. The successful candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple competing priorities. The candidate will be required to work closely with banking counterparties and external investment managers to develop existing relationships and establish new relationships as necessary. This analyst will work cross-functionally both within Treasury and with the broad and diverse set of Amazon business lines.
This position requires a self-starter who will work to continuously improve Treasury processes while maintaining a rigorous control environment and compliance with various Amazon policies.
• Formulate strategies, create trade plans, and execute transactions to efficiently manage Amazon's operating cash.
• Work with banking partners and external investment managers to identify opportunities to increase risk adjusted returns while maintaining liquidity.
• Develop and enhance analytics to provide insights into the Company's fixed income portfolio performance.
• Ensure portfolios comply with the Global Investment Policy, portfolio guidelines, and other key investment restrictions.
• Perform ad hoc analyses related to portfolio holdings, yields, and portfolio risk as required by both Amazon Treasury and other internal business partners.
• Develop framework and monitor counterparty exposure across portfolio holdings.
• Work with internal groups including AWS, Global Payments, Accounts Payable, Accounting, Legal, and Tax on new business initiatives and customer facing process improvements.
This role can be based in Seattle or New York.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, or relevant work experience required
• Background in institutional banking, investment management, corporate treasury, or applicable field
• Experienced in fixed income trading / debt capital markets / portfolio management
• MBA or similar degree
• 5+ years of Treasury, fixed income, or other applicable experience
• Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
• Understanding of fixed income portfolio management strategies
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly innovative and flexible; ability to work autonomously
• Comfortable with ambiguity and creative problem-solving
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in an energetic, fast paced environment
• Excellent business judgment, including strong written and oral communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top