Senior Investigations Manager
- Beijing, China
The Senior Manager of Investigations, will lead the Investigations Team's efforts to efficiently and effectively provide investigation and resolution services pertaining to the protection of people, product and data for Amazon. This individual will be responsible for hiring and developing Investigative Managers responsible for implementation and management of external loss prevention programs and investigations while driving profitability through shrink improvement. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing the investigative strategy for all investigative matters of customer, seller and vendor fraud leveraging partnerships with key stakeholders across the enterprise to pursue and resolve Organized Retail Crime activity. The Manager of External Investigations will be a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention team. This position is based at HND11 and will report to the Senior Manager, Japan, Loss Prevention, Global Security Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Recruits, hires, trains and leads a team of External Investigation Manager direct reports.
• Develops overarching companywide LP investigative programs related to external theft activity.
• Provides oversight of program that identifies criminal activity by leveraging information from internal reporting, data analysis, LP reported incidents and retail theft trends.
• Develops investigative strategy detailing investigative plans that facilitate case resolution at the appropriate scope and pace.
• Develops fraud models/strategies to mitigate fraud/loss while minimizing customer and operation impacts.
• Develops and maintains positive field based relationships with Law Enforcement at local, state, and federal levels, as well as other retail loss prevention ORC organizations to identify, investigate and prosecute offenders.
• Builds and fosters relationships with Legal, Customer Service, Field Loss Prevention and Logistics teams and various internal partners as required.
• Serves as the investigative subject matter expert for external investigations keeping abreast of key issues, strategies and the investigations department's performance.
• Provides oversight of all external investigations ensuring appropriate prioritization of team resources are fully leveraged.
• Facilitates the creative design of reporting methodologies to maximize efficiencies of external theft best practices across the enterprise.
• Develops business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired change
• Networks with organized crime task forces and outside law enforcement as needed
• Leads and mentors team members as needed
• High school or equivalent diploma or professional or military experience
• Experience in criminal/military intelligence analysis, cyber fraud, asset protection, audit, risk management, or other related fields.
• 10+ years of investigative experience identifying, resolving, conducting root cause analysis, and recommending mitigation enhancements.
• 3+ years of supervisory experience
• Experience in Loss Prevention or Cyber Security.
• Experience with investigative case file building and law enforcement presentations.
• Experience with Lexis Nexis, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook (or link analysis), MS Office Professional Suite, including knowledge of Excel.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Lean / Six Sigma concepts and certification
• Loss Prevention Interview and Interrogation certification, Wicklander-Zulawski
• Strong Analytical Leader with effective management and problem solver skills
• Strong detailed knowledge of theft and statutory laws and regulations
• Experience leading teams and providing management,
• Warehousing, manufacturing or distribution experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others internally and externally
• Ability to
• Knowledge of Amazon systems and fulfillment center processes.
• Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top