Senior Inventory Strategy Manager, JP Books
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you interested in working with top Books vendors to improve operations and generate Free Cash Flow. The Books Supply Chain and Operations team looking to hire a talented, driven, and highly analytical Senior Inventory Strategy Manager with a proven record of utilizing data to drive business improvements.
The Senior Inventory Strategy Manager will drive big initiatives to improve process, efficiency, in-stock rates, margins and revenue. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues. They will be responsible for all aspects of planning and operations, including (non-exhaustive): driving improved in-stock, inventory planning and optimization, improving purchasing automation, systematic forecasting and interfacing with software development teams to drive projects that improve customer experience & operations. Additionally, they will drive initiatives that improve sales, customer experience, and process improvement within JP Books and Operations.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to succeed in managing a large selection catalog efficiently, identifying problems/finding solutions, and building/improving processes. The ideal candidate will be able to lead and influence both internal and external teams to solve ambiguous problems while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (Consulting management or supply chain experience)
• Native Japanese (or JPLT N1) and business level English required.
• Possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills. Ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
• Experience with improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
Back to top