Senior International Indirect Tax Analyst
- Arlington, VA
External job description
Amazon is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Senior International Indirect Tax Analyst based in Arlington, VA. This position is responsible for global indirect tax compliance, technical tax research, coordinating with tax advisory, and assisting with project implementation.
We seek to be the most scientific Indirect Tax Compliance Team and we must scale faster through technology and simplified processes. Thus, an awareness of the evolving world of technology solutions as well as creativity and passion for process and quality improvements and collaboration will be key. This person will be able to manage projects efficiently and independently and work with Technical Project Managers responsible for disparate systems, and will be comfortable in a role as overall project manager for indirect taxes change management and coordinating tech implementations.
Primary duties include:
• Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors to prepare indirect tax returns and related accessory obligations.
• Assist with managing, coordinating and reviewing indirect tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations.
• Draft tax requirements for new product/country launches.
• Develop, implement and document tax compliance processes and improvements.
• Work with AP, AR, Direct Tax Reporting team, and Accounting to ensure tax compliance through the provision of process documents.
• Provide support to the global accounting team responsible for accounting for corporate and intercompany transactions.
• Work with tax technology and IT teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and assist with implementation.
• Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities.
• Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
• Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies;
• Capturing indirect tax metrics and detailed narratives around fluctuations and indirect taxes impacts arisen from business changes;
• Provide assistance to local and international tax audits and controversy matters; and
• Review financial data for proper application of indirect tax laws and transfer pricing.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 5+ years of indirect tax (e.g. VAT/GST) experience;
• 5+ years of exposure to international tax; in a Big 4 public accounting firm, a major law firm, or in a multinational corporation;
• CPA or equivalent or graduate degree in law, taxation, or accounting;
• Indirect tax (e.g. VAT/GST) compliance experience;
• Accounting experience and proficiency with Oracle and related data analytics skills
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, ERP, and online research software.
• Able to clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of the management;
• Project management skills;
• Detail oriented individual who takes ownership of projects/tasks;
• Able to work effectively and efficiently on milestone driven projects;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Work effectively in a team environment;
• Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top