Amazon is looking for a smart, motivated, driven Senior Instock Manager for its Consumables Private Brands business unit. This position offers an opportunity to manage one of the most unique supply chains at Amazon and can make a long-lasting impact by defining and building a successful inventory management strategy for this business. The Senior Instock Manager will be responsible for developing and executing best practices in managing inventory, supply chain, and operations to maximize customer experience, sales, margin, instock rates and inventory turns. This individual will have responsibility for ensuring all inventory systems and processes are meeting the needs of the business and implementing controls around these processes. They will also own driving improvement in inventory availability and efficiency, purchasing efficiency, and costs reduction across all Consumables sales channels. We are looking for a smart, analytical, and innovative leader who can help solve these problems in a scalable way that will support rapid growth as well as our long-term business strategy.
A successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, instock, supply chain, or operations management experience, strong skills in working collaboratively and cross functionally, and a track record of delivering results. This person will have strong analytical capabilities, including experience handling large and complex data sets as well as understanding inputs into system driven demand forecasts. The position requires an individual who can work both autonomously and collaboratively in a demanding and often ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain discipline
• 5+ years supply chain, inventory management, retail and/or project management experience
• Strong ownership, bias for action, and discipline in establishing and improving processes
• Strong data analysis, problem solving and project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth category environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MBA/Master's Degree preferred
• 7+ years of experience in inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
• Track record of delivering results and an ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
• Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
• Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line
• Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve high level goals
• Experience working with large and complex data sets to drive business decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.