Amazon is looking for an experienced, customer focused analytical leader to join the EU Fashion Team.
As the Senior Supply Chain Manager you will drive operational process improvements across Amazon vendors to maximize product availability, selection and reduce waste. In this critical role, you are going to help with redefining our vendor supply chain to align it with Amazon procurement systems and to bring collaboration with strategic Fashion vendors to the next level. You will be involved in all aspects of operational vendor management and Supply Chain optimization.
In this role, you need to be able to lead and influence both internal stakeholders as well as our vendors in an ambiguous environment, while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy. Key areas of focus include identifying and delivering improvement opportunities around Vendor Lead Time, EDI adoption, PO confirmations and fulfillment, efficient receive process, inventory placement, and reducing input costs. This role enables you to "hit the ground running" and make transformative impact on how we manage supply chain in one of the most exciting businesses.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate ownership of supply chain efficiencies and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand. He or she will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of operational vendor management.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting, highly analytical and thrive in a high energy environment ideally with experience in supply chain and/or operations consulting.
• Several years supply chain, inventory management and/or project management experience
• Experience in working with computer databases and complex data sets
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, • Process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English. Additional languages including German, Spanish, or French will be beneficial.
• Experience in building and managing partnerships with vendors and/or external customers. Preferred qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or Engineering
• MBA Preferred
• Consulting background in one of areas: supply chain, inventory management, vendor management
• Familiarity with statistics, database queries, and analytical techniques
• Excellent business judgment, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.