Senior Infrastructure Consultant- AWS Outpost - Mulitple locations across EMEA
- Seattle, WA
Are you a Senior Architect? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale secure challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new networking technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using computing technologies?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, is looking for you!
Outposts brings native services, , and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. Outposts can be used to support workloads that need to remain on-premises due to low latency or local data processing needs. Outposts is fully managed, maintained, and supported by to deliver access to the latest services.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services () provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost platform in the that powers critical for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At , customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of security and architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the Outposts expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation and hybrid IT architectures.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands on experience in traditional local and wide-area network technologies, network overlay/virtualization technologies, and software defined network design patterns. Experience working with customers is required to build, demonstrate and explain solutions. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, architects, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer data protection requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy.
• Delivery - Engagements will include of existing and development of new using services. This will be done via onsite customer projects.
• Insights - Work with engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps.
• 10+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks
• 5+ years experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
• 5+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience
• Working experience with BGP, MPLS and Ethernet technologies
• Hands on experience implementing services such as: EC2 Load Balancing, VPC, Route 53, Direct Connect, NAT Gateway, VPN, EC2 Networking, Transit Gateway
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Practical experience with computer network security
• Experience with large-scale, distributed applications
• Track record of implementing services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• Understanding of , server, and network security is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
Back to top