Senior Infrastructure Architect, Telco
- London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in helping the Telecommunications Operators implement innovative AWS cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Do you like to work on a variety of projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS best practices? Do you want to design and develop integrated solutions using the latest AWS services and technologies? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects, at the forefront of cloud technology adoption?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are hiring highly technical cloud computing architects within our Professional Services organization to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, lead implementation projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices, and conduct skills transfer workshops. These Professional Services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, migrations, web applications, enterprise applications, OSS/BSS, 5G, SDN, NFV, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, and IT transformation.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about delivering valuable customer outcomes. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver value - high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and customers focused on designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform. This will include participating in deep architectural discussions and exercises to create world-class solutions designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships. Develop trusted relationships with customer CIOs, CTOs, IT functional leaders and business sponsor executives
• Help develop IT transformation proposals - present compelling proposals to help customers develop a modern cloud-based IT operating model, to drive new business results. This includes short on-site projects proving the value of AWS services, to full enterprise level transformations across thousands of applications migrating quickly to the AWS cloud.
• Develop Partner ecosystem - establish executive and technical relationships with key integrators (SIs), software vendors (ISVs) and managed services providers (MSPs) who are offering cloud based IT services and solutions. Deliver joint proposals and joint engagements to help partners succeed in large, complex customer engagements using AWS.
• Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, technical sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS platform services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon RDS database services, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc. Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the Professional Services community.
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps. Influence roadmap changes to accelerate customer adoption and value.
Our Consultants work with Telco customers locally, regionally and internationally. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Experience working with customers face to face, leading and driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• 10+ years of experience in architecture and design of IT systems, design patterns, and frameworks for technology infrastructure, networking, compute, storage, archive, backup/recovery, virtualization, etc.
• 5+ years of implementation experience with cloud and infrastructure automation (IaC) through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell, CloudFormation, Terraform).
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications , Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling as well as familiarity with monitoring tools and automated testing tools.
• Strong practical Linux, Windows and Container-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, etc.)
• Masters degree in Computer Science
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global IT transformation projects/migrations, including deep understanding of ITIL, TOGAF and other common IT frameworks.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas such as IT service management, cloud computing, or IT Strategy.
• Track record of implementing AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, ECS) in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise, or telco environments.
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, high availability, containers and serverless technologies
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
• Experience working with or for Communications Service Providers
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, blogging, writing on technical forums, etc.
• Technical thought leadership experience in one or more technology areas such as IT security, application development, infrastructure architecture, big data analytics, or IT operations.
• Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
• Experience selling and delivering billable professional services
Back to top