Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Automotive industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The automotive industry is the midst of unprecedented transformation through changing business models, electrification of the powertrain, connected vehicles, and autonomous driving, and is looking to the Cloud to power the transformation of products and business models. AWS is looking for an Industry Business Development talent who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, cloud enable the technology ecosystem supporting the automotive industry, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS BD teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions, etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by automotive industry customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with automotive Industry customers at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the automotive Industry. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• • Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the Automotive industry.
• • Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. BD teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• • Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• • Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• • Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Automotive industry.
• • Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• • Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
• • Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• • Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• • 10+ years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to the Automotive OEMs and Suppliers.
• • 10+ years relevant domain knowledge of systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the Automotive industry with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
• • Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
• • Fluent Mandarin and English are required
• • MBA is desired.
• • Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
• • The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
• • Experience in the automotive industry in connected vehicles, autonomous driving, HPC for product development, or BD and Marketing areas.
• • CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
• • Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
• Amazon is an Equal opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.