Would you like to own shaping and driving the revenue for the future of healthcare & Pharmaceutical industry for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in China? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with C-level executives and influencers at all levels? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in healthcare and Pharmaceutical industry.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key enterprises, finding strategic partners, assembling cross-functional engagement teams, and driving business and technical relationships with customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best practices. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption while addressing issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level of healthcare facilities / Pharmaceutical institutes / companies, as well as having the technical depth to communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global business, and very familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. A keen sense of ownership, self-driven, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategy for the Healthcare & Life Science industry
• Actively engage with NHFPC (National Health and Home Planning Commission of the PRC) and CFDC (China Food and Drug Administration) to understand, participate and influence AWS friendly policy in public cloud with supporting by government relationship and compliance team. Proactively explore and influence the guidance from government regulators to the related organization's development priorities, scope the business cases dragged by the priorities for field sales to engage by project by account
• Define and size enterprise segments, identify key workloads in healthcare & life science, and identify industry partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the business value that AWS could bring to customers, and engage with marketing team to improve AWS Brand awareness in the industry.
• Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams.
• Understand the unique business & technical requirements of healthcare & life science customers and work closely with the internal teams and global HCLS BDs to guide the direction of our service offerings, and localize solution packages and sales tools.
• Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management.
• Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress to move barriers and get support.
• Manage complex enterprise contract negotiations such as MOU signing off, in cooperation with AWS legal teams.
• § The right person will be business focused and will be capable of understanding the complexities of healthcare and Pharmaceutical industry IT environments.
• § Must have 10+ years of business development and enterprise solution selling experience.
• § Prior experience working in the healthcare IT industry is highly desired, understand Biotech\Pharmaceutical\Genomic market in China.
• § Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems etc. and familiar with industry applications.
• § Language skill, both verbal communications and writing in English are a must.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs.
• § Experience working within the technology industry is highly desired, have the ability to grasp technology to position the platform credibly;
• § Experience in partnering with or serving healthcare authorities or working with pharmaceutical & biotech companies customers and communities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.