Senior HR Business Partner, Alexa
The Amazon Alexa HR team is looking for an experienced HR professional to work with the Amazon Alexa teams. This role will partner with the Alexa Engine team. The Alexa Engine team moves toward the vision of delivering the Star Trek computer to our customers-the world's best intelligent personal assistant, accessible via natural voice commands on any connected device.
You'll partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies which are focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You'll help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
Working closely with specialist HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues, you'll also keep the right focus on organizational effectiveness, career development and rewards. In addition, this role will be accountable for driving key initiatives and projects in areas such as such as onboarding, employee relations, culture, diversity, and management capability / leadership development, as well as facilitating annual talent management processes. This is a great opportunity to be a true owner in an fast-paced, growing, environment, helping people to successfully join and then thrive in our unique customer-centric culture.
- 6+ years of experience in an HR generalist leadership role, preferably in a high tech environment supporting tech teams
- Experience working with fast growing, large, global teams
- Knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree
- Global HR experience.
- Organizational design and change management experience.
- Strong project management experience.
- Proven ability to diagnose issues and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top