Senior HPC Application Consultant
- Manchester, United Kingdom
Are you a hands-on person that can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Do you like working in rapidly evolving environments? Do you have a passion for being around cutting-edge AWS and HPC technologies? Are you detail-oriented and creative? Do you like to collaborate with others to achieve goals? Then this is the position for you.
HPC core elements of a HPC system consists in Compute (CPU/GPU/FPGA), Storage, Networking and Resource Manager. The role is to help design, build and operate HPC systems on AWS. It will require to master the best practices to run HPC applications on highly elastic and dynamically provisioned HPC infrastructures. It will require to optimize performance and costs of Customer's HPC workflows.
Working with Customers worldwide, from C-Level executives to technology leaders, there will be plenty of opportunities to leverage and grow your expertise in HPC applications optimization and HPC systems architectures on AWS.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in environments where priorities shift fast. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great solutions for customers, then we would like to talk to you.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science, or related degree
• Experience with one or more HPC job scheduler: Grid Engine, LSF, PBS, SLURM, Torque, HTCondor, Symphony, GRID Server, Windows HPC Pack
• Experience with HPC/HTC/Technical Computing software applications from at least one of the main Engineering/Research verticals like Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy & Geosciences, Manufacturing (EDA, CAE)
• Experience with scripting: bash, Python or others
• AWS Certifications like AWS Solution Architect Associate/Professional
• Experience with Storage technologies architecting, deployment and tuning
• Previous experience with Enterprises and Research institutions operating or architecting HPC environments.
• Good communication skills
• Previous work experiences as a Consultant
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services platform and at least one of the following products: AWS ParallelCluster, ECS/EKS, AWS Batch, AWS Fargate, FSx for Lustre, FSx for Windows, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Amazon AppStream, NICE EnginFrame, NICE DCV
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top