Senior Hardware Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As the EE Lead, you will be responsible for the electrical design of consumer electronic products. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your lead role, you will be the owner of all aspects of EE hardware design, including circuit/board design and validation. In this role, you will also be a system engineer interacting with multiple disciplines involved in product development and production To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
• • MSEE with at least 7+ years of experience or BSEE with at least 10+ years of experience in consumer product design
• At least 4+ years of experience of leading and working with ODM/OEMs for all stages of product development
• At least 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug.
Experience with transferring new designs to volume production is essential for this role.
Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
• Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
• Experience with mixed-signal board-level design
• Experience developing robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitization
• Experience integrating RF technologies such as WAN (LTE/4G),WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
• Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
• Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms.
Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and drive various cross-functional team members.
• System integration and problem solving at a device level and the PCBA level.
• Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
• Hands on experience with signal integrity tools
• Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth wireless systems
• Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
• Complete understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products
• Experience with battery operated designs and power management solutions for handheld or wearable devices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top