Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering team creates compute and storage server designs for Amazon's web services. Our engineers work with leading edge technologies, solve challenging problems, influence the industry's roadmaps, and develop new and unique solutions that are ahead of the pack. We work in an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. We encourage and invest in new directions and new ideas that will serve our customers better. We sometimes fail, but we learn from such failures and we improve. It is because of the team and our constant focus on the customers, that we are able to develop creative and new designs that set the standards on performance, quality, cost, and operational excellence.
What you will do: As a member of the Server Hardware Engineering team you will provide technology thought leadership, lead the design and development of server products utilizing a wide range of design and manufacturing partners. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business goals, leverage your knowledge in the technology and the knowledge of the various teams to architect the solutions that we will deploy at scale. You will interact with engineers and business owners across the company and work with an interdisciplinary team across components, firmware, test, qualification, and integration. You will oversee the fleet of servers you develop and monitor their quality and how they are meeting the customer requirements. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why you will love it: You will work directly with engineers and product owners across the company to create next-generation hardware. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in system level design
• 5+ years experience in compute and storage server architecture and design for large scale applications
• 5+ years Experience with design and manufacturing processes
• 5+ years Experience leading ODMs and other suppliers in the product development and manufacturing processes
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 10+ years experience in server platform design and architecture.
• Startup experience
• Experience with server technologies such as: power optimization, board design, thermal, mechanical, BIOS, BMC, signal integrity, networking
• Experience with server validation and issue root causing
• Experience with deploying and operating hardware and applications across large data centers
• Experience with leading hardware and software development engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability to engage technology developers in the industry to track and apply emerging technologies to innovative server designs
• Working with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production
• Developing functional specifications, design verification plans and functional test procedures
• Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
• Strong customer focus
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.