Senior Hardware Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you!
Our team solves systemic hardware issues and we build systems to detect and mitigate future recurrences so that our our customers can experience the highest quality of service there is!
We work closely with partners to get to root cause and drive changes back into our infrastructure. Nothing is complete without closed loop corrective actions which drive changes back into our development processes and behavior specifications. AWS Engineers are enabling businesses to use technology and we are designing the future of cloud computing. Come and join us as we turn ideas into reality!
As a member of the AWS Hardware Engineering organization, you will apply your technical experience and work with other subject matter experts in compute and storage technologies to develop and deliver the solutions that improve how we detect, root cause, and remediate issues. You will lead cross functional investigations and define changes needed to deliver results and will have direct exposure to AWS Services such as EC2, S3, EBS, etc. Ideal candidates will have a background in scoping complex issues and drive to root cause with closed loop corrective actions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• BS degree in EE, CE, or CS
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with server compute/storage platforms and debugging issues in a production environment.
• 3+ years of advanced support experience managing customer escalations to quickly identify root cause and resolve issues.
• 3+ years of Development experience in hardware/ firmware.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Masters/PhD Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience to Root Cause hardware issues on Server/Storage systems.
• Technical background with Memory, Storage, and PCIe debugging.
• Developed Monitoring and alerting systems to quickly identify and categorize failures.
• Leading cross functional teams through investigation and corrective actions.
• BIOS/BMC Debugging
Back to top