Senior Hardware Design Engineer
- Chennai, India
Amazon Go is looking for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer who is passionate about tacking tough problems and help shape a new product from the very early stages.
We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
• We are looking for excellent engineers that epitomize technical and operational excellence - that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges.
• As an experienced Hardware Design Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative technologies. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation.
• Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important. Working simultaneously on projects in different phases is common; you are able to demonstrate strong design and validation skills in addition to the understanding of mechanics of ongoing operational excellence and product support. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 6+ years experience working on developing new products, using new technologies, and taking new approaches to solving common problems.
• Working knowledge of PCB fabrication and SMT processes
• Experience with DFM and DFC
• Knowledge of Signal/power Integrity and experience with EMC/Safety compliance processes and requirements.
• Familiar with test equipment and methods.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
• Interested and able to travel
• MS in electrical engineering preferred
• Hands-on experience with camera hardware system development
• System level integration experience
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
• Proven experience taking products from concept to production
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top