Senior Hardware Audio Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
As a Senior Audio Engineer, you will be responsible for designing audio sub-systems, selecting audio CODECs, transducers and amplifiers, improving audio system quality, working with software/product design engineers to optimize audio performance, and initiate acoustic designs. You will be involved in projects from concept through project completion, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds globally. In this role, you will:
- Have knowledge of digital signal processing
- Create innovative acoustic design scheme and set audio targets for products
- Perform audio regression tests on shipping products and generate audio performance reports
- Design world class hardware, and, if applicable, software/firmware.
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
- Wireless consumer electronic device experience.
- Factory experience.
- Schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD.
- PCB layout overseeing using Allegro.
- Validate hardware/software and debug issues
- Develop automated test tools (SoundCheck, LabVIEW)
- Attend and run cross-functional engineering meetings
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Lead design reviews
- Build design processes to continuously improve performance and quality
- Travel to support engineering builds if needed
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in audio technology development or integration
- Experience with concepts of acoustic design, measurement instruments, and automation software like SoundCheck and LabVIEW.
- Experience with Analog/Board simulation (ex: SPICE, HyperLynx)
- Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills.
- System level integration experience – Audio, Power, Battery management, RF, ESD, etc.
- DFx (cost, test, manufacturing) experiences
- Experience in the following areas:
- Acoustic and Analog/Board simulation
- Mechanical integrations
- Audio signal processing and associated hardware
- Programming of ADC's and DAC's.
- Class "D" amplifiers
- Audio electronics
- Audio transducer design
- Acoustic test and measurement
- Experience with acoustic test instruments (e.g. SoundCheck, MLSSA,
LMS, B&K, Audio Precision)
- Subjective audio quality evaluation
- Master's degree
- Mobile electronics and wireless technologies
- Strong analog design experience
- Proven track record of delivering high volume consumer electronic devices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top