Senior Group Engineering Manager
- Beijing, China
Imagine being part of a team that runs one of the largest distributed software systems in world, responsible for simulating inventory flows in one of the most complex decision making systems: Amazon's worldwide supply chain. Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for passionate, results-oriented, inventive software development manager (SDM) who wants to build Amazon's next generation supply chain simulation systems. Our simulations systems drive both Amazon's weekly labor & capacity planning across its supply chain network, as experimentation efforts to drive innovation happening in the largest and most complex supply chain system in this world. These systems play a crucial role in understanding the impact of any strategic, algorithmic and process changes on our key business metrics without trying the changes in production. This enables us to understand how our systems interact with each other, how our vendors, sellers and consumers react to the policy changes. Imagine saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that enables and measures the impact of different types of policy changes.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has focus on hiring and developing leaders across multiple teams, has strong skills in analyzing and improving software development processes, and is highly customer focused and is passionate about solving real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect individuals and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for the product vision, and project delivery. This position involves driving regular communication with the leadership including directors, VPs, on risks and strategy of the business. In addition, a candidate will unblock teams and achieve cross team cohesive work environment, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Responsibilities include management of the senior members of the software engineering team including managers and senior engineers, strategic planning, and building on an already productive and innovative software team. You will act as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration life-cycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations.
Additional activities will include:
• Fostering culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Drive product roadmap along with Product and Program Managers
• Setting clear, measurable quality goals for the organization and collaborate across orgs to drive achieving them
• Bringing innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
• Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) in Computer Science or equivalent
• 12+ years of experience
• 6+ years of experience leading a software development teams through full development life-cycle
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Monte Carlo Simulations
• Experience in AWS technologies
• 2+ years of leading multiple teams and managers
• Experience in ML and causal inference
Back to top