Senior Go To Market Specialist, Amazon IVS
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in gaming, media and entertainment, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Go To Market Specialist (GTMS), which is centers around market development for new web services.
AWS GTMS organization is seeking a GTMS to support our latest Media Service, Amazon Interactive Video Service (AIVS). AIVS is a managed live streaming solution, built on the same technology that powers Twitch, that is quick and easy to set up, enabling customers to leverage the same innovative technology that Twitch has built and refined over a decade. This service supports customers looking to create a unique interactive experience via video for their customers.
The GTMS will be responsible for defining, building, and deploying scalable programs and geo specific go-to-market strategies. These programs will result in acceleration of customer adoption and support sales activities for our customers that require a scalable, easy to use, interactive video platform. The AIVS GTMS will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales, and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions. They will act as the voice of the customer/partner, relaying requirements to the product management and development teams. The GTMS will be a part of a global team representing AIVS in the local geo. They will work closely with other business development, sales, marketing, and partner teams to AIVS for customers and partners. The GTMS specialist will provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with the AIVS offering.
In addition, the GTMS will conduct market segmentation, market research, and identify strategic paths to entry for those segments, coordinating cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background to work with both our engineering teams and customers looking to build solutions with AIVS. The GTMS will need to convey the value of building customer experiences that center on interactivity. They should also understand live video streaming technologies and how to effectively deliver those solutions to customers. Finally, the GTMS must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions, campaigns, go-to-market strategies, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and execute Geo specific go-to-market strategies plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Develop strategic relationships and clear go-to-market (GTM) plans with key APN partners to help them build compelling solutions on top of AIVS
• Create mechanisms to build a strong pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using AIVS, and that they have the technical resources required.
• As we launch new AIVS features, be a part of the core team that works with the initial customers to ensure we have strong references at launch. Drive a plan to ensure sales and partner readiness.
• Working hand in hand with the overlay sales team to create both internal and external collateral that defines the AIVS GTM
• Act as an internal evangelist across all vertical industry teams
• 5+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 3+ years of creating and executing go to market strategies
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Experience in working with customers (particularly enterprise) who are deploying cloud solutions
• A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or additional 4+ years' equivalent experience
• Must be fluent in either Korean, Japanese, or Mandarin
• 3+ years of experience in the live streaming video space
• 3+ years of experience designing and implementing interactive consumer experiences
• 5+ years of experience selling/marketing cloud based services
• Strong track record of building partner relationships
• Experience launching new SaaS services, and developing cloud products in their first 1-2 years of life
• MBA or equivalent, or additional 6+ years' relevant business experience.
• Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top