Senior Global Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Global Real Estate Portfolio Manager to serve as as the single-threaded leader for all AWS space related projects and initiatives around the world. This leader will be responsible for creating and executing a strategy for managing all AWS space needs and leading a team to support this challenging and dynamic effort.
This leader will partner with the Amazon Real Estate and Facilities Team to create a forward thinking strategy around space usage, plan for high growth, and develop innovative ideas for AWS teams and employee as it relates to their work environment, productivity, and employee experience. The leader will also partner with the AWS Finance Team to implement much needed headcount forecasting and analytics to improve decision-making. The role is truly global, and will develop and implement solutions in all AWS regions, including the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. The role will also build and lead a team.
If you like working in a fast paced, ever changing environment where you can solve problems, implement solutions, and innovate to help shape what the AWS employee experience will be, then this is the role for you!
- Own all of AWS employee space planning end-to-end, from design to implementation to measurement
- Partner with and own communication and decision making on space with all levels of AWS leaders and in particular the VP of Finance
- Create new and innovative ideas around employee space; rigorously measure success and drive continuous improvement
- Manage a pipeline (1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr) of demand projections for AWS as compared to current and forecasted real estate capacity
- Serve as the global leader and main point of contact to ensure AWS employees have optimal facilities solutions. This includes ensuring proper project management and communication with appropriate stake holders for migrations and related space changes.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and develop and implement solutions to address these opportunities
- Expand and grow a global team to provide optimal customer service to AWS employees.
- Develop and present monthly dashboards/visualizations and metrics to AWS leadership
- Communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams.
- 10+ years of Real Estate Strategy, Consulting, Program Management, Operations, and/or Finance Leadership roles in a fast paced company culture
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or equivalent education or experience in lieu of a specific degree in these fields.
- Prior experience leading teams
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and data visualization tools
- MBA or a Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or equivalent education or experience in real estate strategy and finance
- Previous experience working with cross-functional teams to dive deep and find solutions to complex problems related to real estate strategy and space.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships at senior management levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and document preparation skills
- Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal and external partners to ensure project completion
- Direct experience managing employees and coordinating projects involving multiple resources and teams
- Self-starter who can work objectively with integrity and exercise sound business judgment
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy, integrity, and sound principles
- Vocally self-critical and ability to take ownership and apply lessons-learned to improve processes, programs, and empower teams
- Global experience, particularly in EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top