Senior Global Commodity Manager, Compute
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS' Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly effective candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative technology to deliver the best operating, lowest cost infrastructure in the world.
This individual will lead the sourcing of compute technologies (CPU and GPU) to better meet our customers' rapidly growing infrastructure needs. Successful candidates will bring strong knowledge of Semiconductor supply chains and proven ability to manage complex negotiations, program manage cross-functional teams, and effectively operate at any level of the organization (up to senior executives).
AWS serves over a million active customers in more than 190 countries. We are steadily expanding global infrastructure to help our customers achieve lower latency and higher throughput. As our customers grow their businesses, AWS will continue to provide infrastructure that meets their global requirements.
Professional traits that are necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Develop and implement CPU and GPU sourcing strategies for AWS hardware infrastructure.
• Understand industry and technology trends.
• Identify key technology trends in the industry and drive supplier product roadmaps and execute on strategic initiatives in those products.
• Negotiate and implement complex supplier agreements and contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Develop negotiations strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationship with suppliers.
• Responsible to provide weekly core-team updates, deliver executive level updates on a monthly basis, and will be responsible for vendor escalations in order to resolve any issues related to his/her category.
• Present to senior leadership via written narratives.
• Bachelor's or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
• 6+ years of strategic sourcing or procurement of hardware, or 4+ with advanced degree
• 2+ years of Business development and/or product management experience
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL, Tableau, etc..
• Technical knowledge and market expertise in CPU/GPU
• Experience influencing technical teams
• Advanced Engineering degree and/or MBA
• Experience in Technology Sourcing
• Ability to communicate clearly and drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top