Senior Full-Stack Front-end Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
Are you ready to fundamentally reshape the way the software development industry conceptualizes cloud networking infrastructure?
That is what we do here at AWS Elastic Load Balancing.
Our full-stack Front-end engineers work closely with our product managers and UX designers to present complex networking concepts as approachable, user-friendly constructs. We allow our customers to leverage the power of distributed computing systems without needing to understand advanced networking.
Our web-based UI experience is currently used by thousands of engineers every day to design and debug their load balancing solutions. However, we need to continue to grow our team so that we can optimize this experience, tune the performance and add value for our customers in a way that only AWS can.
You will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of a flexible UI platform that will accommodate the ever evolving needs of our diverse customer base. You will create and contribute to UI components, optimize for cross-browser performance, and own the team's CI/CD system end-to-end.
You will work alongside senior UX designers and UX researchers to analyze user behavior patterns, analytics data and customer feedback. You will use insights from this to advise product managers/owners of the most optimal way to enhance our user experience.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a passion for building the right user experience for their customers. Good communication, initiative, and ability to work across teams are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
As a senior member of the team, you will:
• Work closely with the product owners, UX designers and other AWS teams to deliver on our team's technical vision
• Influence technical strategy to enable our team to quickly build products that will delight our customers
• Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
• Lead development and launch of core features and products
• Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
• Participate in estimation, sprint planning and agile process iterations
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, TypeScript, Swift, Objective-C, or C++
• Experience in, at least, one of the following frameworks: ReactJS, Redux, RxJS, or Angular.
• Deep understanding of functional programming paradigms
• Experience creating applications backed by AWS services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
Back to top