Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS ecosystem.
AWS Cryptography services enable customers to identify resources and establish secure network connections with other cloud and on-premises resources. Our services help customers create, manage, and deploy digital certificates based on strong cryptography and security best practices. Customers can move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong identity and security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
We are looking for a senior front-end engineer to design and build customer experiences that span multiple customer use cases and Amazon web services. You will help define, design, prototype, and build these experiences. To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with product managers, UX designers, and multiple service teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about building user experiences and has a track record of building interfaces which are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment are key to the role.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- 7+ years of experience with front-end technologies in web and/or mobile surfaces.
- Expertize in mobile front-end technologies including React Native and native Android development.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Experience in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
- Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity.
- Experience and expertise in front end design patterns.
- Expertise in algorithms and approaches for performance optimizations like rendering optimization.
- Past experiences demonstrating deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods. A proven record of leading and delivering lasting user experiences is a must.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Familiarity with Selenium / WebDriver and web application end-to-end testing
- Experience with WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
- Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers