Senior Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to work for a manager who cares about you as a person and who will provide both positive and candid feedback to help you develop career skills? Do you, in turn, want to help the team responsible for managing Amazon's global workforce data which impacts more than half a million workers and operational aspects of our business?
Our team is building enterprise-scale, mission-critical, multi-tiered web applications for a new Human Capital Management (HCM) internally-facing product that is in its very early stages. Join now to shape the user experience in the design phases and to make the idea real. Our organization is responsible for the in-house software services and applications that manage all aspects of worker business processes (for example: on-boarding, organizational transitions, paying, and others)
You are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn more about modern web frameworks. You strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers. You know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.). You're determined to find the right approach even if it's not your own. You believe in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action. You are committed to building scalable, maintainable architectures, and to writing clean, readable code. As a Senior Front-End Engineer (FEE), you will be the technical leader of the development of multiple front-end applications.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• Demonstrated strong coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication
• Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
• Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
• Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top