Amazon Web Services is the largest consumer cloud offering in the world, powering cutting edge science, rapidly growing start-ups and industry-leading companies.
The AWS Reliability Engineering team is building systems to ensure these AWS customers can rely on the highest-availability, lowest-latency cloud platform on the planet. We work closely with the teams who own the largest AWS products, building systems to detect and mitigate operational issues before they impact customers. We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced senior software development engineer to help us succeed in this mission.
We are currently looking for an accomplished front end developer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. Are you an expert in web technologies? Want to use this expertise for creating the next generation Amazon internal customer experience? We are looking for smart, motivated Front End Engineers passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience to help take our tooling to new heights.
If you have the skills for building high-performance, customer-friendly products that delight customers, and are interested in cutting-edge cloud computing, this is the job for you.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years experience in building web applications with frameworks.
• 4+ years of experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Babel, and Grunt.
• 3+ years of experience of front-end test frameworks such as Jest with Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine.
• A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and applications
• Masters Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Working knowledge of distributed systems and a willingness to jump in and learn what is happening in the back-end code.
• Working knowledge of Node.js
• Can decompose a problem into clear system, API, and UX design actions.
• Passion for operational excellence