Senior Financial Services Applications Architect
- Osaka, Japan
Are you a passionate, results-oriented, software development leader in the Financial Services Industry? Have you led SaaS development teams? If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to build something new rather than just maintain someone else's code, then this role is for you.
Financial Institutions and Financial Services Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are rebuilding business critical applications to fully leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. At AWS, we're hiring senior-level software development leads in our Global Financial Services (GFS) Professional Services Practice to help lead application software development engagements with the world's largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services ISVs.
Senior Software Architects lead application development teams at customer sites and they interface with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders. In addition to their technical leadership responsibilities, they work with Engagement Managers to actively manage project goals and drive teams to achieve customers' business outcomes by managing issues and risks, and action items. As such, we seek results-oriented individuals with outstanding written and verbal communication skills who can communicate equally well with customer business executives and technical team members.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Have passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Are able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expect and require innovation of her/his team
• Have a bias for action and are results orientated.
• Think big
• Minimum of eight years of experience as a software development engineer or software application developer.
• Minimum of three years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of large-scale software systems.
• A deep understanding of modern, agile, software development, testing and delivery methods.
• Hands-on programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with developing Financial Industry applications working in at FinTechs, Financial Institutions or Independent Software Vendors.
• Experience with SaaS software development.
• Use of machine learning and computational models for Financial Services use cases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top