Senior Financial Analyst, Yield - JP Amazon Advertising
- Tokyo, Japan
The Amazon Advertising Yield team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join the Advertising Finance Yield team and manage core aspects of Yield operations including Pricing, Upfront program management, Exception approval and driving strategic initiatives. For an ideal candidate, this is a unique opportunity to develop and implement pricing for guaranteed ad packages consisting of placements across Amazon properties. This role will work closely with Sales and Product teams to maximize monetization of Amazon's webpages and devices. Day to day activities include reviewing product performance and adoption, identifying opportunities for improving performance, striking the right balance between unit price and sell through, creating performance metrics that demonstrate the value of the products and monitoring compliance and adoption across the organization, including international locales.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead the global upfront program and support negotiations Sales and Product leaders
• Establish pricing for our guaranteed, fixed price Display and Video ads business to maximize total monetization of Amazon web pages and devices by setting optimal pricing
• Develop quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation of new pricing strategies
• Analyze and test pricing alternatives to continually refine our pricing
• Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and clear communication of insights and recommendations.
• Contribute with deep-dive analyses and insights in Quarterly and Monthly Business Reviews
• A/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related field
• 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, accounting or consulting
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience working with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Fluent verbal and written in both Japanese and English
• Must be comfortable working in cross-functional and international teams
• Master in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with Cognos, Oracle Financials or other financial reporting tools
Back to top