Senior Financial Analyst, Worldwide Amazon Launch & Expansion
- Bellevue, WA
Who We Are:
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the AMZL Engineering & Real Estate team, you will be pivotal to the team's success, as primary owner of financial modeling, decision support, productivity metrics, and overseeing financial/operational reporting. This role will partner will multiple stakeholders within both finance and the business teams to provide insight, analysis and financial leadership as we rapidly expand our Delivery Station roadmap. This role will provide extensive cross-functional opportunities to partner with teams including Real Estate, Pre-Construction, Engineering Design, Topology, Automation, and ACES, to solve tough, unstructured problems as we grow and develop the AMZL network. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by helping to build scalable, robust, and dependable solutions through data-driven decision making.
Success in this Role:
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You are self-aware, are comfortable pushing back on business partners, and help to develop your team and the overall AMZL organization. You use judgment to prioritize high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, while helping to solve complex problems that affect company-wide decisions.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results with senior level management
• Superior ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top