Senior Financial Analyst, Worldwide Amazon Launch & Expansion
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help lead and oversee critical functions within this rapidly growing organization.
This Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, financial modeling and strategic planning for worldwide Amazon logistics and last mile delivery services. This person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various transportation, operations, engineering and construction teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for senior leadership in operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also lead variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews as well as execute ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
• Expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost optimization of a portfolio of delivery stations
• Develop and maintain key reporting metrics
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Partner across operations, engineering and construction to lead cost optimization projects, drive future long-term planning strategy and maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow
• Lead the annual operational planning process and development of the three year strategic plan
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results with senior level management
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
• Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level - to think big while also diving deep
• Experience in a business partnering role
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL and other analytical tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top