Senior Financial Analyst - World Wide Consumer FP&A
- Seattle, WA
If you want to be a part of the largest, most visible and most-disruptive business at Amazon and enjoy working in a fast-paced and super-relevant environment, look no further than the World Wide Consumer FP&A team. The Consumer FP&A organization is responsible for understanding the entirety of the Global Consumer business, and providing actionable insights to its leadership.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to work closely with Senior Leaders in Amazon's largest business. Consumer FP&A is faced with the challenge of building new systems, processes and analytics that will best support strategic decision making as the company continues to rapidly grow in complexity and size.
The successful candidate will be a key player in driving how we consolidate and relate our financial story as part of month-end and strategic planning processes. The role requires a strong self-starter mentality, and requires the analyst to dig deep to understand the complexity of the WW Consumer P&L, understand the drivers of the business, and relate signals and trends in data to underlying business conditions.
The role includes interaction with Consumer leadership, requiring strong analytical and communication skills, and attention to detail.
Duties may include:
• Developing new reporting techniques to accelerate our reporting portfolio.
• Collecting, analyzing, and reviewing quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
• Coordinating with many teams to optimize efforts across the Consumer organization
• Developing forecasts, and mechanisms to validate forecast assumptions
• Driving Working Capital and Free Cash Flow Reporting and Forecasting for the Consumer Organization
• Driving continuous improvement on existing processes and mechanisms
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant finance experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of SQL and Cognos
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and related skills
• Ability to work independently, manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve results in an ambiguous and evolving environment
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top