Senior Financial Analyst, Treasure Truck
Are you interested in being part of unique programs and businesses at Amazon? The Treasure Truck Finance team is looking for a highly analytical, curious, resourceful Senior Financial Analyst to be part of and support a brand new consumer business that offers an exciting and unique shopping experience. The growth of consumer businesses and the increasing complexity makes this role exciting, interesting, and challenging. Expect to get involved in driving performance, and building plans for the future, as well as managing regular reporting, forecasting, and general planning. This position will also involve performing ad-hoc analysis focused on determining appropriate selection, overall profitability, and performance of the business.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work very closely with various stakeholders including the product team, accounting, tax, legal, operations, etc. to help us take the business from experimental phase to a business that can scale and achieve full potential. This person will work closely with the business team to evaluate offer profitability.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, understand key business drivers and:
- Have a high level of customer focus and partnering with key internal customers
- · Manage the financial planning and analysis effort, forecasting various metrics for financial risks and opportunities
- · Own the business and operating metrics, and facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the business revenue and other key business metrics, including daily sales data and forecasts.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and assist in various projects.
- Present ad-hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience
- MBA preferred
- Advanced analytic skills and a demonstrated ability t build and manage financial models, variance analysis and problem solving
- Prior FP&A experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into the details and being able to communicate key metrics to senior management in a timely manner
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Ability to use SQL is preferred
- · Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- · Excellent written and oral communication
- · Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- · The preferred candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and can work successfully and effectively on cross-functional teams
- Experience and ability to use Essbase, Cognos, or similar tools
- Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top