Senior Financial Analyst, Transportation Finance
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to own critical functions within this rapidly growing organization.
Amazon Freight Finance is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Finance Analyst to be a trusted finance partner. The role will focus on business partnering, strategic decision support, financial controllership and cost reduction. The role will require partnership across finance and accounting as well as product, operations and sales teams. The Senior Finance Analyst will also contribute to long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
This role partners closely with a broad range of finance and business leaders in Operations, Technology, Sales and Account Management. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, product leaders, network/capacity planning teams, and FP&A. This role will design forecasting models, develop and report performance measurements, and develop models/mechanisms to improve the economics and strategy of the business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close.
• Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner.
• Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members.
• Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work for Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Collaborative interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top