Senior Financial Analyst, SPPS Finance
- Seattle, WA
Amazon seeks an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to be the CFO of the Selling Partner Premium Services (SPPS). If you are passionate about innovating, building, and scaling high impact business models, this is for you. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance, as well as overall finance, controllership, operational, and leadership support in this exciting and evolving space.
The Senior Financial Analyst will drive business insights and have solid financial modeling skills. We are looking for a candidate with solid analytical skills, pricing modeling skills, strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and the ability to communicate with and influence business leadership. A bachelor's degree is required; an MBA is preferred.
The Selling Partner Premium Services (SPPS) organization strives to improve the Amazon customer experience by working directly with Selling Partners to enable more selection, reduce defects, and drive growth across their businesses. The primary driver is Gross Merchandise Sales (GMS) and Free Cash Flow (FCF) from our paid services. SPPS invents and innovates across technology, processes and people to enhance the services we offer, improve Selling Partner engagement and satisfaction, and build scalable solutions.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Partner with the finance and business team to provide both strategy and analysis in producing short and long-term financial forecasting
• Run financial modeling, sensitivity analyses and recommendations for new protocols or pilots
• Develop cost-out and continuous improvement mechanisms for variable costs Assist in all aspects of the rollout and operation across hundreds of testing sites
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
• Ability to own and influence the SAS Core program P&L
• Manage controllership actions on planning, forecasting, and reporting models
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following abilities and characteristics:
• Be highly analytical and detail oriented
• Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
• Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Strong leadership, communication, and persuasion skills
• Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
• Building scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance functions
• Developing new ideas and creative solutions
• Focus on customers and work backwards
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
• 5+ years of non-internship finance experience, or master's degree and 3+ years of non-internship finance experience
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cognos, Tableau, and SharePoint
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
• Experience communicating results to business leaders
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations owning full cycle software development / change efforts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top