Senior Financial Analyst, Selling Partner Services FP&A
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Our organization, Selling Partner Services (SPS), is at the heart of these decisions, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our SPS FP&A team.
The Selling Partner Services is responsible for several key elements of Amazon's flywheel: we ensure low prices for our Customers, we provide a rich toolchain for our Selling Partners to work with Amazon; we drive traffic and increase conversion through replenishment and promotion programs; and we drive profitability and controllership initiatives to lower our cost structure. We underpin our Selling Partner and Customer solutions with highly scalable, automated, self-service extensible technology. We're hard at work building new programs designed to streamline key workflows and implement operational excellence systems.
As a member of the SPS FP&A team, you will own a key role delivering financial and operational analyses, surfacing opportunities to reduce cost and innovate, manage projects, improve processes and help take the business and the finance team to the next level. As a member of this team, you will leverage strong analytical, technical, and communication skills to drive worldwide reporting deliverables, engineer ad hoc financial analysis, support business planning and implement ideas for process improvement. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. A successful member of this team collaborates effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards.
Duties will include:
• Maintain, and improve, existing finance processes to ensure data integrity, efficient analyses, and insightful analysis.
• Support the development of continuously-evolving automated forecast models and methodologies, measuring accuracy improvements across the organization
• Manage and develop scalable financial tools or reports that align, and simplify, monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
• Sourcing, analyzing, and reporting quantitative data; perform ad hoc analyses
• Analyzing trends, formulating projections, and evaluating savings initiatives
• Assist in developing monthly/quarterly financial reporting (actual and forecast) and annual budgeting
• Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
• Presentation of findings and recommendations to Senior Leaders
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following abilities and characteristics:
• Be highly analytical and detail oriented
• Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
• Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Strong leadership, communication, and persuasion skills
• Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
• Building scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance functions
• Developing new ideas and creative solutions
• Successful in an ambiguous environment
• Comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Work regularly with remote teams
• Work on cross-functional teams
• Focus on customers and work backwards
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cognos, Tableau, and SharePoint
• Proficiency in statistical modeling (ideally using R or Python Pandas)
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
• Experience communicating results to business leaders
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations owning full cycle software development / change efforts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top