Senior Financial Analyst - Physical Stores
- Seattle, WA
Who we are: The Specialty Retail Stores (SRS) finance team supports some of Amazon's most exciting physical retail shopping experiences, including Amazon 4-star, Amazon Books and Amazon Pop-Ups stores. Our stores are a physical extension of the best of Amazon.com and we put our customers at the center of everything we do. Our teams continue to innovate our concepts, assort the most highly rated products and build experiences our customers love.
The Opportunity: We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our store development team and physical retail special projects. The individual will be responsible for financial controllership of capital spend for new and existing SRS stores, with involvement from the design phase all the way up until store opening or project implementation. The role will drive several key special projects, with full P&L ownership, financial business case development and senior finance leadership exposure. We are looking for someone who can dive deep analytically in financial models, challenge assumptions and maintain strong cost controllership. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment.
Team exposure: This role partners closely with the store development team, store construction leaders, stores FP&A and WW accounting teams.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning ad the presentation of alternatives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top