Senior Financial Analyst - Physical Stores
- Seattle, WA
The Team: Physical Stores Tech is one of the newest and most innovative teams at Amazon. Amazon Books launched its first store in 2015 and has continued to expand in new locations around the country. Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkoutyou just grab and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart.
The Role: We're looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with the Physical Stores Tech team. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead and manage the finances of a business with a track record of partnering with business leadership to develop and improve the business model. This person will need to identify and help implement the appropriate level of financial controls, reporting, and org structure. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing financial models for a wide range of business activities, be able to see beyond the numbers to aid in developing the overall long-term business strategy, and be able to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Lead Hardware budget management for R&D and other activities
• Establish procurement / supply chain finance processes
• Design the mechanisms that we can use to test and iterate on our technology development
• Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leaders
• Take the lead in building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
• Develop reporting structure and mechanisms to ensure visibility to spending throughout the supply chain and evaluation of store investments.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) MBA preferred
• Experience building and managing financial models for business forecasting and variance analysis especially in an operational setting
• Experience establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverable
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top