Senior Financial Analyst, Ops Tech
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Sr. Financial Analyst for Operations Technology will be responsible for providing financial support to the Amazon Operations Tech team including partnering with the Amazon Fulfillment Technology (AFT) teams to identify, quantify, and measure the financial impact of changes to the fulfillment network and underlying technology. The Amazon Operations Tech team owns developing, improving, and maintaining the technology that drives Amazon's multi-billion dollar fulfillment and transportation network.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with business and tech teams to identify projects that have the potential to provide material improvements in customer experience and fulfillment center costs
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis on new fulfillment related projects to determine economic feasibility
- Partner with business and tech teams to appropriately prioritize projects ensuring a balanced portfolio of projects while maximizing cost savings
- Coordinate with tech team throughout project implementation to monitor changes to financial assumptions and update financial projections accordingly
- Provide regular reporting on financial impact of projects to the operations leadership team
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- MBA, Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Experience with global supply chain and logistics
- Advanced SQL knowledge
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top