Senior Financial Analyst, NA Sort Centers
- La Mirada, CA
Who we are:
Amazon's sortation centers are the backbone of the middle mile, enabling 1-day delivery for Prime members and delivery 7 days a week for customers. At sort centers, we are focused on improving delivery quality and speed while enabling flexibility and cost savings in the transportation network. Since launching in 2013, Amazon has invested in sort centers to move quickly in order to scale operations with a focus on continuous improvement and benchmarking to drive best in class results. And we are not done yet... sort centers will continue expanding in the years to come and finance will be a critical part of that expansion.
This is an exciting opportunity to partner cross-functionally to ensure informed decision making, innovation and sustainability in processes for a growing network. Experience on this team opens up varying career opportunities across Amazon such as transitions to other business lines, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
This role partners closely with a broad range of leaders across Operations, HR, Capacity Planning, and FP&A. The role focuses on continuous improvement across internal and external stakeholders to define, design and maintain performance measurements, reporting and reviews. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to lead root-cause analysis and uncover core issues to drive cost reductions with stakeholders, manage, evaluate and create meaningful business reporting, and build and maintain complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance.
Success in this role:
A successful candidate effectively influences business partners, provides sound and thoughtful decision-making, and manages competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as direct interaction with leadership is common.
• Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
• Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
• Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• Up to 25% travel required
• Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays.
• May need to work virtually until corporate guidance changes.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top