Senior Financial Analyst, NA Amazon Flex
- Reedley, CA
Who we are:
Amazon Flex is at the forefront of delivery operations, owning a significant piece of Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery strategy at current & into the future. The Flex model utilizes independent contractors to help fulfill "Ultrafast" customer deliveries including Amazon Grocery, Whole Foods, same day Amazon.com orders and beyond. Our Finance team works closely with Tech, Product & Program Managers to track performance reporting and support analysis for optimization of labor planning, routing & expansion opportunities which help improve customer quality and reduce costs.
With a rapidly expanding team & scope, we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who is a creative problem solvers to support our growth while gaining excellent Operations Finance experience. This role will work closely with cross-functional business leaders across the Last Mile org & internal Amazon businesses allowing for future opportunities to rotate and/or expand scope. Be part of the journey in this exciting space and help make history!
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will own key financial or operating reports along with modeling long range forecasting plans. Additionally you will provide financial analysis for strategic projects or innitiatives, partnering with technical product managers, software developers and finance counterparts on a day to day basis. You'll work closely with finance & business leaders across the last mile org, along with product groups such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods, and Prime to influence decision-making on these innitiatives.
Success in the role:
A successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top