At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile organization.
This Senior Financial Analyst will partner with the US AMZL (Amazon Logistics) Last Mile DSP (Delivery Service Partner) Payment team to ensure our DSP partners are paid accurately and on time. The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of the payment process and partner with the business to drive operational improvements and find cost saving opportunities.
The role will also partner with the DSP Program team to support strategic initiatives to optimize Amazon's fuel spend in last mile and potentially the broader organization. This position will need to work cross-functionally with program management and business intelligence to identify key metrics and develop robust financial models/reporting to drive cost savings. This role is more than finance: it requires an ability to invent, go beyond the standard finance role and create metrics to drive decision making.
As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Partner across multiple organizations to earn trust and build business partner relationships with DSP Program and Payment teams
• Build financial models to support business cases and strategic initiatives
• Develop accurate and clear financial reporting for the AMZL DSP program; including identifying cost drivers and metrics to help the business focus on reducing cost
• Develop strong business partnership with key functional teams to advise the business from a financial and analytical perspective
• Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis and reporting to support a fast growing organization hungry for financial partnership
• BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 5+ years of relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL and other analytical tools
• MBA and/or CFA/CPA + relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.