At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile org within operations.
This Senior Financial Analyst will partner with WW Driver & Station Technology teams as we build best in class Driver and station experience for our customers, a foundational input to last mile systems for reducing costs and driving operational efficiencies.
This role is more than finance: it requires ability to invent, go beyond the standard business rules to "experiment" and "conceive" together with the business partners to find financial sustainable solutions to scale across the world. This role is strategic in nature (business partnering skills and curiosity are a must!), and is not a typical Finance role. If you're interested in learning about and shaping the technology used to power Amazon's deliveries and thrive in complex, ambiguous environments - this may be the role for you!
As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Develop analysis and reporting for the Driver & Station tech organizations, which will support financial planning/forecasting, monthly performance analysis, and drive continuous product roll outs/improvements
• Partner across Operations and Last Mile Tech to develop reporting and analyses that provide insight on company performance for stakeholders across 10+ countries
• Partner/Support senior leadership on product/project roadmap based on financial and operational efficiency improvements
• Build financial models to support new product and science initiatives
• Build business cases for launching multiple cutting edge technology features across Driver and station tech features/product launches
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 3+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions
• 5+ years' relevant experience in positions partnering engineering and/or science teams
• MBA in Finance/General Management
• 3+ years' experience within an organization focused on Last Mile/Route Optimization problems
• 2+ years' experience with SQL
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
• Ability to manage and achieve effective results in an ambiguous environment
• 3+ years' relevant experience business partnering senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.