Senior Financial Analyst, International Seller Services
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you.
This is an opportunity to be part of Amazon's growth story around the world, driving best practices while addressing the unique challenges of doing business in different countries, time zones, and currencies.
This Senior Financial Analyst position will work closely with business teams engaged in driving the growth of third party sellers on Amazon in US, Europe, Japan and other locations, and help solve complex problems that directly impacts Amazon's internal and external financials. The successful candidate will design new processes and analytical models to evaluate investment options, provide operational insights, optimize seller recruitment, and make investment recommendations.
This position will support the International Consumer Seller Success and Global Sales teams that drives over $100B in sales on Amazon. This position will be responsible for investment decisions on new programs, leading regular business reviews, annual and quarterly financial planning, and coordinating commentary and reporting for senior leadership. In addition, this position will be responsible for variance analysis, explaining and understanding they key drivers between plan and actuals, and will use data science to support that analysis.
Some of the key tasks for the successful candidate will entail:
• Developing financial models and analytical tools to evaluate investment options, calculate return on investment, or assess investment outcome to support business decisions
• Developing financial and operating metrics with clear understanding of inputs and outputs, creating reporting packages, detailed P&Ls and bridges/reconciliations
• Deep diving to explain variances in costs, operating expenses, headcount, and other key cost drivers and work with applicable teams to provide overall controllership
• Being the finance leader of the business team, and jointly developing forecasts, goals, and other performance objectives with business partners.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills
• MBA from a top tier university or Master's in quantitative areas
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) to influence leaders in finance and business
• Ability to work in cross-functional and cross-regional teams
• Working knowledge of SQL and proficiency in Cognos or other financial reporting tools
• Prior experience in Fortune 100 companies in Consumer Goods / CPG, Technology, Retail, E-Commerce, or Manufacturing sectors will be a good fit with this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top