Senior Financial Analyst, Global Specialty Fulfillment
- Dublin, Ireland
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on customers and working backwards? Do you want to be part of an organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations Finance team is looking for an experienced leader with a record of achieving results.
The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, Locker+, and Treasure Truck. Our Finance teams partner closely with our operations teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operations excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions, with the primary goal of continuously improving the customer experience while driving long-term profitability for our portfolio of businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly, and we have a culture of data-driven decision-making.
The GSF Finance team seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to own capital approvals and planning for Global Specialty Fulfillment, which drives operations for some of Amazon's most exciting and fast paced initiatives: Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry, Heavy/Bulky, and others. This role provides critical support for expansion of fast-growing businesses, including ownership of the approvals process, financial justification methodology, and continual cost-out initiatives. This role will have heavy impact and high visibility to the long term strategies for these businesses. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses, to lead programs, or to manage local, regional, or global teams.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders with stakeholders such as Operations, Retail, Engineering, and other Finance team members. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, capacity planning teams, and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). This role designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: They influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. They bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. They prioritize the most impactful projects and programs that will drive GSF businesses forward. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected eventsplans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top