Senior Financial Analyst, Global Fleet & Products
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile org within operations.
This Senior Financial Analyst will partner with Global Fleet & Products team to build a fleet that scales with the network, provides flexible capacity as needed, supports current and future driver models, and consistently improves products and services that increase utilization and reduces the burden of managing vehicles. This role is more than finance: it requires ability to invent, go beyond the standard business rules to "experiment" and "conceive" together with the business partners to find financial sustainable solutions.
As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Partner across Operations and LM Tech to develop a long-term fleet strategy while optimizing for cost & on-road vehicle efficiency
• Partner/Support the business during contract negotiations with outside suppliers for financial valuations and trade-off decisions
• Experience supporting cross-functional projects with demonstrated expertise in leading without authority to achieve results
• Build complex financial models (NPV) for large scale fleet acquisitions/pilot programs (e.g. buy vs. lease vehicle)
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Establish a financial framework with ambiguous project inputs and requirements across a diverse set of partner teams; drive cost improvements to the requirements gathering process.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• 1+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
• General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top