Senior Financial Analyst
- Tempe, AZ
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This position will work closely with various stakeholders including Accounting, Finance, and Financial system teams to solve complex problems that directly impact Amazon's financial reporting. The successful candidate will lead company-wide finance transformation projects that change how Amazon consumes, stores, and analyzes financial data.
This is an excellent opportunity to shape a growing business in an entrepreneurial environment. This person will dive deep to understand the intricacies of data and its sources, combine multiple sources of data to build a complete picture of business performance, partner with business teams to address reporting needs, and concisely communicate performance drivers to business partners and finance leadership. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead large-scale change management initiatives and provide strategic direction on how to optimize the way finance organizations function across Amazon.
• Generate business insights based on financial results and use them to influence strategic decisions being made about the businesses.
• Own financial planning and analytics models. Coordinate with stakeholder teams to gather inputs, generate deliverables, and coordinate reviews with business and finance leadership.
• Partner with Accounting and Business Intelligence teams to define requirements for and prioritize projects to improve reporting accuracy and automation.
• Supporting operations partners in areas that include, but are not limited to, planning, productivity goals, defect tracking, metrics and performance measurement, and operations cost reduction projects.
• Ad hoc financial analysis and data support for business team.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
• 5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency in SQL
• Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills
• Experience with financial reporting
• Process improvement experience (ideally Lean and/or Six Sigma)
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
• MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top