Senior Financial Analyst
- Calne, United Kingdom
If you want to help make history while having fun, Amazon is the place for you!
We are Amazon, we pioneer, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. Year-on-year, we're growing more, and more rapidly. Enthusiasm and energy help us to deliver new ideas and solutions. We employ every face of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come be part of a passionate, customer-obsessed team!
We are looking for a Financial Analyst II to perform business specific Financial Planning & Analysis activities. The person will build financial and operational reports, and will own financial reports that influence decision-making. This person will become the trusted business advisor by sharing findings with business leaders, supporting them by providing data analysis and business insight.
The successful candidate will remain objective when communicating financial data results, provide clear and concise summaries, and effectively answer questions in detail to drive results. The person will be in charge of driving communication at the senior manager level, and articulate finance issues to non-Finance partners. This person will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and demonstrating strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
• Use the expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, creating reports for monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
• Controllership will be your top priority. You will work with a variety of data sources and will identify basic control risks, evaluate impact, propose changes, and implement improvements to remediate gaps
• Manage monthly and quarterly forecast for both OPEX and headcount
• Partner and influence the stakeholders on the definition of strategic management of HC
• Provide insights for monthly and quarterly business reviews on a timely manner
• Monitor forecast accuracy, understand drivers of variances, and provide insightful commentary & analysis for both current period and future periods
• Partner with your business teams, and lead the developing of weekly / monthly financial close activities, planning, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to your business partners
• Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
Identify opportunities to improve, automate, standardize or simplify finance or business tools and processes; lead projects to execute on those opportunities
• • Finance Degree or related field with 8+ or more years of experience
• • Strong English language, oral and written skills
• • Advanced financial analysis and financial modeling skills
• • Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners
• • Fluency in Microsoft Excel and/or SQL, VBA, Microsoft Access, Oracle Financials, Cognos
• • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• • MBA degree is preferred
• • Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• • Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
• • Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• • Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• • Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• • Customer focus and professional demeanor
Back to top