Senior Financial Analyst, Amazon Logistics
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help lead and oversee critical functions within this rapidly growing organization.
This Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, financial modeling, controllership and cost optimization for our Last Mile operations. This person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also lead variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews as well as execute ad-hoc projects.
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions
- Develop and maintain key reporting metrics
- Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
- Partner across Operations and Retail to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
- Lead the annual operational planning process and development of the three year strategic plan. Drive variance analysis against budgets for the network, identify risks and opportunities
- Partner with Retail, IT, Fulfillment teams to drive cost out and optimal cross functional decisions that maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow
- Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
- 5+ years of experience in a large corporate finance environment with emphasis on analytics
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
- Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level – to think big while also diving deep
- Experience in a business partnering role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL and other analytical tools
- MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top