Grocery is the next great growth opportunity for Amazon! With the 2017 acquisition of Whole Foods and rapid growth in new store formats and online delivery, grocery has quickly become a must-win category. Now organized under the simple mantra "Fresh, Food, Fast," Amazon Grocery is committed to delivering on its promise in a big way by offering more convenience, speed, selection, and a variety of grocery stores on Amazon.com that Prime members can shop from. Amazon Grocery Finance is well positioned to help the business drive growth and unlock the full potential of the Amazon flywheel.
Who We Are:
Grocery Finance is dedicated to driving sustainable and profitable growth, as well as influencing the long-term strategy and future of grocery, omni-channel, and new physical store formats across Amazon.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will wear multiple hats providing cross-functional support to the retail operations, business development, and account management teams within Grocery Partnerships. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable driving complex projects in ambiguous environments, and has a knack for looking around corners and thinking long-term. Tactically this includes building new and transparent processes, offering clear and thoughtful analysis of historical and projected performance, auditing and maintaining high standards for financial controllership, and implementing scalable solutions that will grow with our business.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for individuals that enjoy a challenge and have a desire for professional growth opportunities and continuous learning. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon and within the broader Physical Stores Finance organization. Individuals in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses and multifunctional teams, to lead new programs and initiatives, and to manage larger teams within the company.
This role partners regularly with a broad range of finance and business leaders across the Physical Stores, Grocery and WW Operations organization, often at some of the most senior levels within the company.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close, callouts, and insights. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Provide ad hoc financial analyses and data-driven recommendations to partner teams including Operations, Advertising, Tech/Product Managers, Accounting, Tax, & Legal.
• Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
• Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
• Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
Open to hiring in Seattle, Austin, HQ2, and Nashville office locations
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced Excel essential, with SQL and VBA skills preferred.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, Tableau) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.