Senior Financial Analyst - Accounting
- Munich, Germany
All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to Amazon Web Services, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Would you like to become part of an international and diverse team of Accounting professionals which is owning and managing reporting processes both under US GAAP and local GAAPs while constantly improving the quality and scalability? Are you a senior Accounting professional who is experienced in navigating the business through a challenging environment? Are you looking for a job where you are able to optimize the way Accounting works so that it addresses not only today´s but also tomorrow´s challenges?
At Amazon in Munich, Accounting is renowned for their expertise who help others understand Financial Reporting and master accompanied reporting challenges. Businesses develop and launch new products and our job is to support the development in a sustainable way. You will own various projects to develop the way we support the business further. The successful candidate will need to have outstanding analytical skills, be experienced with Accounting systems and have created solutions leveraging technology such as VBA and SQL. Then this can be your next career move to a fast growing and very successful business!
Core job responsibilities:
• Automating the preparation of deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, through the use of VBA, SQL, Hyperion or other tools
• Partner with tech teams to develop technology that supports Accounting processes
• Exploring the use of new analytical tools and reports
• Understanding, documenting and developing scalable and automated processes and accounting system flows
• International coordination with the global Accounting organization leveraging best practices
• Design, development and implementation of systems education program for broader Accounting team
• Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative
• Responsibility for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of financial books
• Management of external financial statement audits, tax audits and internal audits
• 6+ years of relevant experience in Accounting
• Degree in business, accounting, computer science and/or related work experience
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial reporting tools
• Entrepreneurial, hands on, can-do attitude and ability to think outside the box
• Proven ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment
• Advanced/Expert level Microsoft Excel including VBA
• Advanced reporting skills such as report development, SQL Query development
• Working knowledge of Business intelligence tools and Hyperion
• Experience documenting high level design requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluent English being mandatory
• Proactive and results-driven, able to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines
• Aptitude for influencing teams and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
• ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualification
• Program / Project Management lead experience
• Tech savviness and open for new technologies
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top